Fifth Annual Pig Island Returns to Red Hook September 6th
A single ticket includes food and brews all day long!
Food Karma Projects is happy to announce the 5th Annual Pig Island™, returning to the beautiful Erie Basin Park in Red Hook on Saturday, September 6th from 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Showcasing the best of New York State local farmers, chefs, brewers, “real”cider makers and vintners all dedicated to bringing home the bacon, Pig Island returns with 20+ chefs from all five boroughs cooking up 80+ hogs sourced from Flying Pigs Farm.
Already, several chefs have lined up to make the most of their pork presence at our annual hog fest! Returning and new chefs include:
- Peter Giannakas (Ovelia)
- Bill Fletcher (Fletcher’s BBQ)
- Joe Dobias (Joe and Mrs. Doe)
- Justin Brunwasser (Friedman’s Lunch) returns with Jon Bratton of NYC Hot Sauce (this was one of the most popular stations last year, so get in line early)
- Bob Devine, pitmaster, with the Jimmy’s No. 43 Summer Rig BBQ Smoker
- Sam Barbieri from Waterfront Ale House/Fuhgeddaboutit BBQ
- Patti Jackson (Delaware and Hudson)
- Chef Shanna Pacifico (Boteco)
- Chef Evan Hanczor (Egg)
- Jacqueline Brooks (Southern Belle BBQ Sauce)
- Randall’s BBQ
- Fort Defiance/The Good Fork, with more TBA
Red Hook is the home of our exclusive beer provider, Sixpoint Craft Ales, and a portion of proceeds will go to benefit Added Value Farm.
Other features of Pig Island include:
- Best-of-show prizes presented courtesy of sponsor WÜSTHOF;
- Free entry and ferry service for kids under 12 with paying adult;
- Music all day with live bands;
- Expanded wine program this year and real ciders from the northeast region;
- Lots of yummy Sixpoint Ales, providing exclusive custom beers!